Scheduling your posts with Ghost is super easy! If you want to view the video version of this article, I have it ready for you on my YouTube channel:
Here's how to schedule your posts with Ghost:
- First, start writing a new post.
- Once you write the title, the Preview and Publish buttons will appear. Click on the Publish button.
- The scheduler will appear in the drop-down menu.
- Select the date and the hour.
- Click Schedule.
Boom! You have a post ready to publish when the time comes. You can now move on to different things and let the magic happen. I assure you - it works!
Here are some screenshots from the process if you can't watch the video:
Here are some interesting points to remember about scheduling with Ghost:
- First, if you already prepared your post and then made further changes, you need to click on the Schedule button again. Otherwise, Ghost won't save those changes!
- Developers built ghost to integrate with other services. Meaning, if you connect Zapier to your publication, you can trigger other apps when a post is published. For example, by creating a tweet about the article. Or to create a Facebook post sharing your post.
- Your scheduler will show a timezone. Make sure that you adhere to that timezone when picking the time for your post to be published. Otherwise, you might find that Ghost will publish your posts at a different time than the one you intended.
- Ghost allows you to send your post via email when posting. Make sure to send yourself a preview to see how it will appear for other people, and fix it where necessary.
I hope this was helpful to you! Do you have any questions about scheduling with Ghost? Comment below, and I'll do my best to answer!
Publishing with Ghost could be a little confusing at times, and that's why I'm here to answer your most pressing questions!
Also, I'm now offering a FREE Ghost Publishing course called Ghost Publishing 101. It's a video course with everything you need to start publishing with Ghost! You can grab it here: Ghost Publishing 101.
Oren Cohen Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.
Sign in or become a Oren Cohen member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.